Tuesday, March 1, 2011

We're not in Kansas anymore

This is where I hid for about an hour. Pillow, blankets, phone, weather radio, flashlight and some water! I was ready!!!
TORNADOS, HIGH WINDS, HAIL...

Weather I do not like!! No tornados touched down in Atlanta but once those sirens started going off I went and hid in the tub! I didn't realize we had tornado sirens near by so that really scared me! I knew we were suppose to get bad storms but didn't know exactly how bad. It satrted raining hard and really windy! I turned Pandora on my phone so I couldn't hear anything outside but remembered I had a weather radio (thanks mom & dad, now I feel bad for laughing when you gave it to us) But honestly, it scared me more! All the beeping sounds!! Ahhh!! Travis was still at work but he was checking on me. I also had my laptop so facebook was keeping me company. I stayed for about 45 mins. until the rain stopped. Around 6:15 or so all was fine and i started cooking dinner.
Apparently, Red Bank and Signal mtn. got hit the hardest. RBHS baseball field got some damage and tons of trees fell. At my parents house, a neighbors tree fell across the street into their yard. There went the power! But they were able to get out and go to my grandmothers house. So glad to hear no one was killed. There was 1 house in RB where a tree fell on it and all 3 people got out! AMAZING!!


see the house!! totally crushed!! and 3 people survived!
trees down behind Dubs
Thanks Thithay for the pics!! I look them from your FB! :)
So glad to see the sunshine today!! Tornados you stay away!!!
Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment