Sunday, March 20, 2011

Finding our place

We have been in Atlanta for officially 3 months! Wow! Hard to believe really! We are all settled in, all the boxes are unpack or in storage and it's really feeling like home. Everything seems to be working out for us but one thing is missing, finding a church. We've visited 2 in 3 months. Now granted Travis has had to work a lot of Sundays or we were in Chattanooga at our church or honestly we just got out of our rountine (which is terrible) and just slept in some Sundays. Last night we decided to try a Methodist church like 4 miles from us. They have an early service at 8:30, contemparay at 9:50 and traditional at 11. We went to the 8:30 service. While it was hard getting up early I really liked the early service. I think I liked it most because we went to church, ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel and went to Costco & Publix and were home by 1:00 pm! Love that!! We had the rest of the day to relax! The church was beautiful! Large congregation with tons of activities going on and also had a full orchestra. I didn't see a lof of people our age but maybe they go to the other services. We've gone back in forth on if we want to go to a "big" church or "small" church. Big meaning hundreds of people and small around one hundred people. It's such a big/ hard decision. We have a few friends who go to other churches but wanted to visit ones closer to us. I have to remember it takes some patience and I know there's a place out there for us. I pray the Lord will show us where He wants us to be. A place where we can grow together in our faith, get involved with the community and also raise our future children.

No comments:

Post a Comment