Monday, March 7, 2011

March Goals & C25k

March is here!!! and I'm a few days late on posting my goals for the month! So here we go!

Home: finish hanging a few more pictures and clock

Cook: try 2 new recipes, continue to eat in during the week

Hobby: scrapbook Disney trip, Vegas, HH girls trip

Fun: Girls weekend!!! Eat somewhere fun and plan a fun outting when Holly, Liz & Jess come to visit! SO EXCITED THEY'RE COMING!!!!

Job: Still searching- hoping to find the right job soon!!

Fitness: Well I've just completed week 1 of C25K (couch to 5k) I have a few friends doing this so I thought I would try it myself. The first week went well. It's a 9 week program and hopefully by the end of the 9 weeks I'll be running for 30 mins. or 5k (3.1 miles) Wowzers!! Makes me nervous just typing that! The first couple of weeks you walk for 1 -1 1/2 minutes and run for 1 min. I could walk/run all day long but looking to weeks 7-9 scares me just a little! Running for 25 straight minutes?! Check back for THAT blog post!

I'm really hoping this will change my attitude towards running. I hate to run!!! Think positive! But it does get me excited to think I could register for my first 5k race. What a great feeling it would be to cross the finish line! Yeah, it's not a 10k or a marathon but I've worked hard to complete this program and that in itself will be a big accomplishment!

Run on baby!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the C25K!!! I did it this fall, and honestly my best advice is to go ahead and sign up for a 5k for 2 months from now. That way when you're totally ready to give up (like I was) you'll remember that you paid money to run in a race and you will NOT come in last. :) Nothing like a little motivation! Haha!

    ReplyDelete