Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chattanooga Fun!

I was in Chattanooga for a few days last week and it was so great seeing my family and friends! I had plan to leave on Wednesday but it stormed all day so I decided to leave Thursday morning. Mom called right as I was pulling out of the apt. saying there was a bad wreck in Calhoun and the interstate was shut down. Really?! I called Travis and asked him to look online to see if the interstate was still closed. He said the wreck happened at 9:30 that morning and I shouldn't have any problems. Well............ 4 hours later I made it to Chattanooga. I took a few back roads as did everyone else so there was tons of traffic. I never found out what happened but hopefully everyone involved was ok.

Friday I ran errands all day and hung out with mom and dad that night. Travis got stuck working in ATL so he came home Saturday morning. Well Saturday turned in to him working all flipping day! It was so beautiful outside and he was stuck at the office. N0 fun! I brought lunch and dinner to him and we ate together looking out the windows from the 15th floor of the Republic building. Fun times!! Oh forgot to mention that on Friday I went up to the condo and make sure everything was ok there and we had no hot water!! UGH!!

So we stayed at the Marriott Saturday night. We had a free night so might as well stay there fo' free!! There was a tattoo convention going on so there were some very interesting people to say the least.

Sunday Travis worked again and I went to church. His parents were coming in town for lunch. We all went to Broad Street Grille for brunch and it was soo good! Best brunch in town I think. We had a very nice visit with his parents. His dad wanted to see why we didn't have any hot water so we went to the condo and the breaker had been tripped. Whew! Good thing!! In a few hours we should have hot water. No more worries for us or his parents. They were relieved it wasn't anything big and so they left to go back home. I few hours later like 5 hrs.... still ice cold water!! :(

Monday morning we called and had the water turned off. Travis crawled under the house and the water heater had not busted but there was a small leak. When the water company came out they said 164,000 gallons of water had leak out!!!! OMG!! How much is that going to cost?!!! My husband was totally freaking out by now. We still don't know what we'll have to pay but it's measured by cubic ft/gallon (or something like that) so it's just going to be a few hundred dollars, rather than thousands like we thought at first.

I also had to go to the Dr. for my yearly physical. Yuck!! I always dread going but know it's something I have to do. I'm a healthy 27 year old gal! I did have to get a shot (tetanus & pertussis) some new vaccine. Anyways my arm is still killing me!!

So that was our fun, eventful weekend in Chattanooga! Hoping to be back some time in April or maybe I'll hold out for a whole month and see everyone at Easter. We'll see!!

Happy St. Patty's Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment