I left early Saturday morning and met mom and Katie for lunch. It was great seeing them and just catching up from the week. ( I was home the weekend before ) :) Afterwards, we ran errands and just hung out the rest of the day. Our youth group at church was having a lock-in so I told them I would help charperone. Whew.. I'm too old for lock-ins!! But we had a great time! There were 13 kids and 5 adults who stayed. On Sunday morning, the kids cooked a spaghetti "thank you lunch" for the church members for supporting them on a recent trip. Lunch was a big hit but we were all struggling at the end of it.

(this was from another lock-in a few months ago)
Later that afternoon I met up with my "chicas." Susannah, Tiffany, Stefanie and I have been friends for years. Tiff, Stef and me all lifeguarded together at the YMCA for several summers. Susie went to RB and were friends with all of us girls while in high school. While we were saving swimmers, she was saving people on the tennis court.
We met up for a early dinner at Chilis and had the best time. Even though we don't talk everyday, it's like we just pick up where we left off from last time. It's non-stop talking for a few hours. We didn't get a picture but here is one with all of us at Stef's bacherlotte party:

I'm really looking forward to them coming to Atlanta in a few weeks! Can't wait to laugh for hours! Love you chicas!!
I've noticed everytime I come home I try to do soo many things and never get them all done.
After Chilis, I ran by my Aunt's to wish her happy birthday and (have more cake) then go tell my parents bye and run by the condo and pack my car with a few more boxes. (Sorry for the long run-on sentence) As I'm running out my aunt's door since it's about 7:30 now she said, spend the night with us. Luke said "yeah mem, we can play phase ten and watch the game." When a 9 year old asks you to stay, you stay. We had fun watching the Superbowl and the commericals. I think I'm the only one who enjoyed the half-time show. I love the Black eyed peas! And let's not even talk about Christina Aguilera.. omg seriously! CJ let Luke stay up late but poor thing didn't quite make to the end:

All was good the PACKERS WON!! Green and Yellow, Green and Yellow!
But around 3am Luke woke up his mom and he was running a high fever! Poor thing!! He had a bad cold and now running a fever. No school for him! Once I found out he had a fever, I was out the door. Mem can't get sick!
It's always great being home. Everytime I cross over the TN line and I get this feeling like, ahh I'm home!! When I tell Traivs I'm going home he'll say you are home. Atlanta is our home. He is right but I just miss my family so much! I really wanted to stay a few more days but I was really missing Travis. It made me realize that Atlanta is home, that's where my husband is and that's where we belong right now.
Fun weekend with family, friends, food and fevers!! Good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment