Monday, February 21, 2011

Celebrating Valentine's Day

On Monday night (V-day) Travis worked til 8 so I cooked dinner and we stayed in. I made baked chicken, fried okra for Travis, broccoli for me, and rice. Very good! :) We were half way through dinner and I realized I forgot to use my heart shaped plates!! Can't eat Valentine's dinner on regular plates!! Since we both wanted seconds I switched out the plates. I also made chocolate covered strawberries! Yum-O!! Travis gave me a dozen beautiful roses and a sweet card. I got him a grill set and candy. Side note: since we had friends in town, Travis told me that he had something else planned for next weekend.

Jump to Saturday night 2/19:
We headed to Buckhead for the night and stayed at the JW Mariott. It was soo nice! Lesley was in town for a wedding with Robert and they were also staying there. When we checked in we asked if we could get a room on the same floor as them. They were in room 2301 and 2302 was open! So fun! They were leaving for the wedding as we were getting there so we only got to see each other for like 5 mins. Boo!

We went to dinner at Buckhead Diner and it was so good! Some friends from church suggested we go there and since we had never been we thought we would try it. I also made reservations and I'm so glad I did! The wait was 1 hr. 45 mins long but since we made reservations we only waited 25 mins. if that. Very sweet!! It looks like a diner on the outside (with valet parking) but you walk in and it's all fancy! Travis got the veal meatloaf (which they are famous for) and I got the fried chicken. I've never had veal but the meatloaf was really tasty! And my fried chicken was also tasty!

We headed back to the hotel and just chilled the rest of the night. I met up with Lesley down stairs while the wedding was going on. It was good to catch up with her since I never see her!

Sunday morning we all got up and went to Tripp's christening. Tripp is Lesley's nephew, Lindsay's baby. A lot of family was in town so it was good to see them. Tripp did so well during the christening and fell asleep during the sermon. Afterwards, we had a nice lunch at Lindsay and Dale's house.

It was great to "get away" for the night and we didn't even have to go out of town! Just being away from computers, video games, etc and having couple time was so great! I look forward to many more mini get aways!!

Thanks for a great Valentine's Day babe!! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment