Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas 2010: sick in bed...

Well Christmas has come and gone and I'm just now finding out what gifts I got. Wednesday before Christmas, we headed up to Travis' parents to celebrate Christmas. The plan was to stay a few days and come home on Christmas Eve. Well during the night and early Thursday morning I was hit with the FLU!!! Ugh! I woke up feeling pretty bad; achy body, sore throat and cough. I just figured I was getting a bad cold but oh no I'm not that lucky. I stayed in bed all day Thursday and Friday I still wasn't feeling any better so we went to the CVS minute clinic where they tested me and the flu turned out positive. The Dr. gave me Tamiflu and cough medicine and I stocked up on Gatorade. We ended up staying one more night so I could get some more rest. The worse part was I had no energy at all! I couldn't even blow dry my hair! My sweet mother in law offered to dry it so I sat in a chair while she did my hair. So nice of her!! Afterwards, we had Christmas and then we headed to Chattanooga. Oh and I forgot to mention we had a white Christmas!! It was so beautiful!! We got to mom and dad's about 6 pm and it was still snowing!! Katie and Freddy went up the mtn. to get our Christmas presents from our house (Freddy used his 4 wheel drive truck) We had Christmas with mom and dad and Katie and I got some great stuff! I'm sad we didn't get any pictures but we had a lot of fun being with our familes and celebrating the birth of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment