Koco with his granddaughters and great-grandson
Grandmothers with granddaughtersThursday morning the plan was to get up and go to Coolidge Park for the Grateful Gobbler walk but I had a terrible cold and Travis hurt his back so we just stayed in bed. I felt bad because it's so fun to do the walk and see friends but it just wasn't happening this year. The money raised goes to the Homeless Coalition in Chattanooga so they still got the money and we got the shirt :)
About left about 10 am and headed to Travis' parents house. We drove seperately because I came back on Friday and Trav stayed til Saturday to go to the UT game. I came back early so I could see Holly while she was still in town.
We had a great dinner with his family. His mom cooked a feast and it was so yummy! The first time I met his parents I brought a 5 flavor pound cake from the Bread Basket and everyone loved it. Now when I ask what to bring it's always the 5 flavor cake! Ha! It was also very yummy!
After a good 2 hour nap, it was time to play Phase 1o! We played for 4 hours straight!!! And Travis won both games!! Boo!!!
Friday morning at 3 AM Trav and Audrey got up and went to Target. CRAZY!!! Not me!! Target had 42" tvs on sale for cheap! Travis said when they pulled up there was a long line. Hello, babe it's Target! Of course there's going to be a line. Once they got in the store, he headed right to electronics and no tvs?!! What the heck... All the tvs were on the opposite side of the store!! BOO Target!!! No tv for the Shears. :(
They came back about 6 and picked up me and Angela. This was my first "Black Friday" shopping experience and I wasn't too sure. I actually fell asleep in the car on the way there. We went to NY & Co first and I guess I was still in a daze and I asked Angela "what are we doing, who are we buying for?" Haha totally out of it!! I finally woke up and found some great deals!! I'm already looking forward to next year!
We got home about 1 and it was time for a nap. After napping, I headed back home and met up with Holly at Starbucks. We had a great visit and also saw her grandparents. They eat every Saturday night at Epicurion so we surprised them for dinner and they were so happy. It's always good seeing old friends. Hope to see Jess and Liz at Christmas!
I'm so blessed to have a wonderful husband, family and friends. Gobble Gobble!!
No comments:
Post a Comment