Well I'm going to try my best and write this post about Heidi. We had to put her down last night and it has been a long, rough night and morning. She had a tumor in her stomach and wasn't getting any better. Mom and dad are going on a trip next week and decided to board her while they were gone. Just in the last few days she hasn't been herself so we decided as a family it was time for her to not suffer anymore. Looking at her you wouldn't know she was even sick but she really was. Mom and dad took her to the vet. Katie and I just couldn't go with them. The Dr. gave her a shot just to calm her down but it put her in a light sleep almost immediatley. Mom took a picture and I've looked at it so many times because she looks so peaceful and pain free.
I guess the only way to heal is with time and telling stories about her. Mom was saying that her and dad were laughing last night because when Katie or myself had our boyfriends over and they were leaving or try to kiss us bye, Heidi would start barking so much that the boys pretty much ran out of the house. Mom and dad would be in the back of the house and would say to themselves "guess Travis/ Freddy are leaving now cause Heidi is barking." She was just protecting her sisters.
Or it never failed that we always called Heidi- Katie. Once dad yelled "Katie get outside now!" She looked at him like "are you crazy dad?" and then he said "oh I meant Heidi."
Everytime we came home, she would be so excited to see us. Like it had been days since she had seen us last. What a great welcoming each day after school and work. I will always treasure those moments.
She was a sweet loving dog. So spoiled it wasn't even funny and lived a happy 16 years!
RIP Heidi Lynn: you were the best dog ever!!!
I guess the only way to heal is with time and telling stories about her. Mom was saying that her and dad were laughing last night because when Katie or myself had our boyfriends over and they were leaving or try to kiss us bye, Heidi would start barking so much that the boys pretty much ran out of the house. Mom and dad would be in the back of the house and would say to themselves "guess Travis/ Freddy are leaving now cause Heidi is barking." She was just protecting her sisters.
Or it never failed that we always called Heidi- Katie. Once dad yelled "Katie get outside now!" She looked at him like "are you crazy dad?" and then he said "oh I meant Heidi."
Everytime we came home, she would be so excited to see us. Like it had been days since she had seen us last. What a great welcoming each day after school and work. I will always treasure those moments.
She was a sweet loving dog. So spoiled it wasn't even funny and lived a happy 16 years!
RIP Heidi Lynn: you were the best dog ever!!!
"I'm so sweepy"
Sweet girl
Best dog ever!!
Me and sissy
How sweet is that face??!!
At peace and pain free
No comments:
Post a Comment