Sunday, December 5, 2010
Saying Goodbye to Catholic Charities
Back in October, we found out that Travis' official start date with the EY GA firm was December 1. I turned in my resignation letter at the end of October and my last day was November 24. I gave work a month's notice since I work with the elderly population, I wanted it to be a smooth transition for them. I was program manager for Interfaith Senior Services, a program of C.C. We provide transportation to medical appts for seniors living in Hamilton County using volunteers from different areas in Chattanooga. I was starting to stress a lot a few weeks before I left because no one had been hired for my position. Finally my boss informed me that they had hired someone so I could train them my last week. Well with stressing out so much I got sick! Terrible sinus/ viral tion!! UGH! I felt sooo bad but I couldn't miss any work b/c I had to train this new girl. Which I felt so bad for her since I was sick I wasn't much fun. My last week was Thanksgiving week so I only worked 3 days. I took the new girl around town and she was able to meet a few clients, see where a few lived, etc. Seeing her interact with them made me feel so much better. After working there for 3 years, I became very close to my clients and for me to leave them was really hard! I'll always remember those sweet clients and my first "big girl" job!
Standing by the CC sign
My awesome company car!!!
I love this lady and will miss her dearly!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So you are moving?!
ReplyDelete