Sunday, April 10, 2011

Major catch up!!!

Wow so many things are going on and I haven't blogged about any of it!! 1. First week on the JOB! 2. First Braves game (Sunday afternoon) 3. March goals Whew!!! 1. I'm so thankful to have found this job! It's exactly what I wanted to do! My first day was last Monday April 4. The kids were so sweet and welcoming and the staff has been super nice. I'm a floater teacher which means I "float" to certain classes throughout the day. I was in the pre-k classes Mon. & Tues, 3 & 4 year olds Wed. & Thurs. and then with the babies on Friday. Each class has an animal name like pre-k is lions and dinosaurs, 3 & 4 year olds are zebras and elephants and the babies (8 months- 1 year) are bunnies! So cute!! Other classes are caterpillars, lambs, and turtles. It's been fun working in all the classes and meeting the kids. On the playground one day I overheard some girls playing school and one girl said "sit down class, my name is Ms. Emily" I looked over at them and one girl said "no that's Ms. Emily" and pointed to me. It's so cute watching them play and pretend. The only downer of the job is the hours; 9-6 everyday with an hour lunch/break. Not too bad but I have to leave at 8:15 in the mornings to fight traffic and then I get home about 6:40ish. Ugh!! but as my hubby said "that's Atlanta for ya babe" guess I'll just suck it up! I'm learning how to manage my time at home each night. Working out, dinner, laundry, do a few other chores and then it's 10:00 pm time for bed!!! I'll get a routine figured out and will be fine. :) 2. On Sunday I went to my first Braves game and had soo much fun!!! Travis was able to get the firm's tickets so we had really good seats!! Like right behind home plate, 5th row!! They had a waitress who came by to take your food & drink orders!! Very nice!!! :) Even though the Braves didn't win, we still had fun!! Mr. Sunshine was out in full force and my shoulders are still bright red!! I made an album on FB but here are a few: 3. March goals; let's see... Home: We hung the clock!! Still need to hang some pictures (hopefully this month) Cook: Honestly can't remember what I cooked! Scrapbook: I got 3 pages of our HH trip done! Yipee!! Fun: Girls weekend was so much fun!! We laughed a lot and stayed up way too late each night! Can't wait til they come back again! Job: I'm a working woman now!! Yay!! Fitness: Sad to admit that I've fallen off the C25K wagon! I did soo good the first 3 weeks then it was girls weekend, started my job and haven't been to the gym since! :( I have walked around the complex but no gym time. My plan is to start back this week! Fingers crossed!! April is jammed pack with much more stuff so stay tuned!! Happy Spring Friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment