

My heart is heavy today because we think our precious little dog is not going to be with us very much longer. We're not sure what's wrong with her but she's just not herself. She cries a lot and just walks around in circles. It's pretty sad. Mom thinks she trying to tell us she's sick but it's just pitiful. My dad and sister are taking her to the vet today and see what they say.
Growing up we had a dog until I was about 4, we gave it to my grandparents because it snapped at my nose and scared me to death. That dog lived to be about 16 and just died a few years ago. After that mom and dad got another dog when I was about 6 but it stayed outside. "Hogan" was a black lab and it wasn't fair to him because a. no one played with him b. I was too scared to even look at him and c. he had no where to run so we gave him away.
I was relieved and I know my dad was too cause he was tired of carrying me to and from the car! Everytime we left, he picked me up and carried me. Now that's a good dad!
I was about 13 when this dog showed up on our porch one cold October night. She was hungry so mom fed her. Well she stayed around for a few weeks and then one night we had a family meeting and mom informed me she was taking it to the pound the next morning. I couldn't let her do that so slowly.. I edged my way to her and she was so gentle with me. We ended up keeping her and naming her Miss October. She passed away about 7 months later from a freak accident but she will always be our "angel dog" because I am no longer scared of dogs!!
The very next day after Miss October's death, we got Heidi. She has had a wonderful life and she's been treated like a queen her whole life. I don't want her to suffer at all... just say a little prayer for my friend.
I posted a few pictures of her. She loves to lay on the tree skirt. Too precious!
Well, this just made me cry like a baby! ILY!
ReplyDelete